Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Start of an Adventure

   August 29th, 2012, the day that I leave for my 6+ month adventure to the Republic of Kosovo.  I will be working at Universum University College in Pristina, (The Capital City) making a pittance in terms of money.  So I am gonna say this should be a great trial run for the future in the Peace Corps, hopefully.  As a part of my job, I will be traveling through 4 cities (Pristina, Ferizaj, Gjakove, and Prizren, see below.) quite regularly.


   At the University, I will be teaching/tutoring/academic support for the students of the 4 campuses and then working with their International Relations department on my non-travel days.   (3 days in the office, 2 days traveling each week) 


   To give some background information:  Kosovo is a recently independent state (July, 2008) from the Republic of Serbia (though they still don't recognize them as an independent state)  and is the poorest in Europe. (is on the EUR, though Per Capita GDP is $6500, US is $49000)   

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you'll have a lot of fun.
    When does the winter season start there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should start towards the end of October (that's my best guess) so I am all ready battening down the hatches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to your updates of your cool adventures!

    ReplyDelete